Verato is expanding! We are looking for great people to join our mission to build a world-class technology platform—one that has the potential to radically change the way identity data is connected and shared, and one that can make a profound and positive impact on patients, consumers, and citizens worldwide. We are looking for candidates who are not only uniquely qualified but who embody the values that we stand for—integrity, teamwork, passion, and agility.
The problems we tackle are always intellectually challenging, but are usually solved through determined, collaborative white-boarding. We believe in a work ethic driven by both responsibility and impact, which means that schedules are flexible within reason—our staff know that a healthy work-life balance leads to greater productivity. We believe in empowering our team with the best tools and hardware available. All of our staff receive opportunities to expand their knowledge in areas of big data, distributed/cloud computing, complex algorithms, and data science. As we embark on a trajectory of high-growth, each member of the team gets an influential front-row seat as we execute our business strategy.
Our work environment is fast-paced but informal. Important decisions are made in the break-room rather than in the boardroom. Our hierarchy is flat, our wit is sharp, and our supply of Oreos is eternal. Please inquire about any of our open positions below. We hope you can join us!
- Competitive health insurance program with dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- On-site gym, roof-deck, and tenant lounge
- Commuter Benefits
- Generous and flexible Paid Time Off policy
- Fully-stocked pantry
- Laid back dress code
- Monthly Lunch & Learns
- Regular company sponsored events and happy hours
SaaS Operations Engineer
IT/Operations | McLean, VA HQ
The Verato SaaS Operations Engineer will be responsible for:
- Monitoring that daily customer workloads are flowing successfully through Verato’s systems.
- Implementing and staying abreast of industry best practices regarding Security, Configuration Management, Backup, Failover, Monitoring, Alerting, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
- Supporting and maintaining the infrastructure underlying our SaaS offering and our internal Enterprise Systems.
- Ensuring that all systems are available and performing at the expected SLAs, 24×7.
- Identifying aspects of the operation that can be automated and developing scripts to do so.
- Coordinating with internal resources and business partners to enable service delivery.
- Implementing internal control systems and monitoring them on a regular basis.
- Standing as an escalation point for the technical response in the event of a system failure or a security incident.
- Collaborating with the Development and DevOps teams to ensure that the software being developed meets Verato’s operational and security requirements.
- Supporting the administration of our daily operations and implementation of new systems.
To fulfill the responsibilities of this position the following is required:
- BS in Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or equivalent degree /experience.
- Strong and verifiable experience with Linux and knowledgeable of Mac OS X and Windows back-office systems.
- 3+ years working in a 24×7, elastic SaaS environment using Amazon Web Services.
- Good understanding of industry best practices regarding security, monitoring, disaster prevention and recovery, compliance, configuration management, etc.
- Strong communication skills and self-starter attitude with a strong ability to exercise independent judgment and critical thinking with minimal supervision.
- AWS Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, or DevOps Engineer certifications strongly desired.
- 3+ years of experience with Configuration Management, Backups, High Availability, Monitoring, Alerting, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity.
- Experience operating within a PCI, HIPAA, HITRUST and/or SOC2 -Type 2 compliant environment.
- Expertise at securing multi-tiered distributed systems, from Web layer to data layer.
- Deep understanding of:
- Network Security (Firewalls, NAT rules, VPNs, IDS/IDP)
- Encryption, Key and Certificate Management
- Data Loss Prevention
- Mobile Device Management Technologies
- Antivirus Technologies
- Change Management
- Authentication and Authorization
- Log file collection and monitoring, Event correlation, SIEM tools
- Experience with IDAM using Active Directory.
- A result-oriented, driven, positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Passion and enthusiasm; Demonstrated sense of collective ownership for technology solutions.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Requirement.
Engineering | McLean, VA HQ
Design and develop state-of-the-art algorithms, automation, and big data models in support of a cloud-based service that helps our customer resolve identities in their databases.
Our Software Engineers work in small, agile teams to create and maintain a SaaS offering on top of complex no-SQL data models and big data, implementing unique analytical and business logic functions.
We are looking for developers with strong Java experience. Candidates with additional experience in the technologies listed below will be given extra consideration, but most importantly, candidates must have a good grasp of CS fundamentals and programming principles.
Engineers at Verato have the unique opportunity to be at the forefront of the creation of a new technology and a new product that will disrupt an existing market. They will be able to witness how new products are conceived, market-tested, and evolve while working directly with customer-facing product management. Verato is an invaluable experience for entrepreneur-oriented developers who want to develop new products and not just maintain existing ones.
Job Requirements: Expertise, experience, training, or education in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
- BS or MS in Computer Science.
- Proficiency in Java, OOD/OOP, and algorithmic design.
- Good understanding of design patterns, test driven development and continuous integration.
- Understanding of distributed systems, performance, and scalability best practices.
- Familiarity with how to build SaaS solutions, AWS, and no-SQL databases such as Mongo, and search engines such as Solr, REST APIs & Web Services a plus.
- Experience with Web development (e.g. Struts, Spring, MVC)
Verato is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations