Verato is expanding! We are looking for great people to join our mission to build a world-class technology platform—one that has the potential to radically change the way identity data is connected and shared, and one that can make a profound and positive impact on patients, consumers, and citizens worldwide. We are looking for candidates who are not only uniquely qualified but who embody the values that we stand for—integrity, teamwork, passion, and agility.
The problems we tackle are always intellectually challenging, but are usually solved through determined, collaborative white-boarding. We believe in a work ethic driven by both responsibility and impact, which means that schedules are flexible within reason—our staff know that a healthy work-life balance leads to greater productivity. We believe in empowering our team with the best tools and hardware available. All of our staff receive opportunities to expand their knowledge in areas of big data, distributed/cloud computing, complex algorithms, and data science. As we embark on a trajectory of high-growth, each member of the team gets an influential front-row seat as we execute our business strategy.
Our work environment is fast-paced but informal. Important decisions are made in the break-room rather than in the boardroom. Our hierarchy is flat, our wit is sharp, and our supply of Oreos is eternal. Please inquire about any of our open positions below. We hope you can join us!
- Competitive health insurance program with dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- On-site gym, roof-deck, and tenant lounge
- Commuter Benefits
- Generous and flexible Paid Time Off policy
- Fully-stocked pantry
- Laid back dress code
- Monthly Lunch & Learns
- Regular company sponsored events and happy hours
Web UI Developer
Engineering | McLean, VA HQ
Our Web UI Developers work in small, agile teams to create and maintain web applications that interact with web services and APIs, to implement advanced functional capabilities in the realm of identity resolution.
Web UI Developers at Verato have the unique opportunity to be at the forefront of the creation of a new technology and a new product that will disrupt an existing market. They will be able to witness how new products are conceived, market tested, and evolve while working directly with customer-facing product management. Verato is an invaluable experience for entrepreneur-oriented developers who want to develop new products.
To fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the following is required:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related Technical Field.
- Familiarity with UX Design concepts.
- Experience with OOP (Object-Oriented Programming) and Design Patterns.
- Experience with JSON and XML.
- Server-side Web Development skills (e.g. Node.JS, Java).
- Application Server experience (e.g. Tomcat, Websphere, etc.).
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and enterprise systems.
- Design and development experience using web services and backend APIs.
- Strong knowledge of secure coding best practices.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with Agile team-based collaborative development using SCRUM techniques.
- Ability to deliver high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code.
- Ability to adapt to new development environments, changing business requirements and learning new systems.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration.
- Experience with cloud-based services (e.g. AWS) and high availability systems will be a plus.
Inside Sales Representative
Sales | McLean, VA HQ
The Inside Sales Representative is a foundational member of our sales team and will be responsible for generating new sales opportunities through the sourcing and qualification of new customer prospects. The Inside Sales Representative sits at the frontend of our interactions with prospective customers and partners and will be responsible for the following –
- Sourcing of new sales opportunities through the researching of target sales accounts, identification of key organization members and proactive generation of interest
- Qualification of leads generated by marketing through active follow-up with outbound calls and emails
- Helping Verato’s Field Sales Representatives drive sales opportunities through the pipline
- Proactive identification of customer wants and needs and identification of Verato solutions that can address those needs
- Responding to inbound requests from prospective customers and partners for information and conduct qualification needs assessments of prospects requirements
- Manage the CRM database and proactively seek out methods to grow the number of in-house contacts
- Assist with the regular reporting of lead generation activity
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales teams in the overall execution of their lead generation and sales strategy
This is an exciting and fast-paced role, with tremendous opportunity to learn and grow professionally in the organization over time. The following qualifications will put you in good stead to excel in this position –
- At least 2 years of inside sales experience (cold calling and direct outreach)
- Customer-focused mindset and a keen interest in technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized self-starter that works well under deadlines and is goal oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Psychology, Communications or a similar field
- Experience with CRM programs (particularly Salesforce.com, Hubspot, and SalesLoft) a plus
- Experience with enterprise software
- Experience working for Software-as-a-Service startup a plus
- Vertical industry experience (finserv, healthcare, insurance, hospitality)
Engineering | McLean, VA HQ
Design and develop state-of-the-art algorithms, automation, and big data models in support of a cloud-based service that helps our customer resolve identities in their databases.
Our Software Engineers work in small, agile teams to create and maintain a SaaS offering on top of complex no-SQL data models and big data, implementing unique analytical and business logic functions.
We are looking for developers with strong Java experience. Candidates with additional experience in the technologies listed below will be given extra consideration, but most importantly, candidates must have a good grasp of CS fundamentals and programming principles.
Engineers at Verato have the unique opportunity to be at the forefront of the creation of a new technology and a new product that will disrupt an existing market. They will be able to witness how new products are conceived, market-tested, and evolve while working directly with customer-facing product management. Verato is an invaluable experience for entrepreneur-oriented developers who want to develop new products and not just maintain existing ones.
Job Requirements: Expertise, experience, training, or education in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
- BS or MS in Computer Science.
- Proficiency in Java, OOD/OOP, and algorithmic design.
- Good understanding of design patterns, test driven development and continuous integration.
- Understanding of distributed systems, performance, and scalability best practices.
- Familiarity with how to build SaaS solutions, AWS, and no-SQL databases such as Mongo, and search engines such as Solr, REST APIs & Web Services a plus.
- Experience with Web development (e.g. Struts, Spring, MVC)
Verato is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations